Fiancé Visa Lawyer

K-1 Visa

The K-1 visa or fiancé visa is  better known as form I-129F. This is one of the most common application submitted amongst spouses or couples.  This is a popular option for many people because it is usually the quickest way to reunite with your partner abroad.  It is usually quicker then submitting form I-130.

What is the K-1 Fiancé Visa?

The K-1 visa is a immigrant visa available to the engaged partner of a United State citizen.  In order to qualify, one must meet the following requirements: Both must be legally free to marry, must have met in person, at least once, within the past two years, the fiancé intends to enter the U.S. solely to marry the U.S. citizen, and the holder of the K-1 Visa must have the intention to marry the U.S. citizen within 90 days of arrival to the United States.

Additionally, one must properly fill out and submit form I-129F along with all required evidence.  Their is a filing fee of $535. The required documentation varies case by case but the following is a list of documents most couples will need:  A valid passport for at least 6 months beyond your intended period of stay in the U.S., Divorce or death certificate(s) of any previous spouse for the fiancé or U.S. citizen, a police certificate from the fiancé home country and all countries they have lived in for six months or more since the age of 16, a USCIS approved medical examination, evidence of financial support, Two passport style photos of the fiancé and two of the U.S. citizen, evidence of a bonafide relationship between the fiancé  and the U.S. citizen, and form DS-160.

Do I need  A Fiancé Visa Lawyer to help me through the process?

As you can see, the application process for a  is overwhelming and requires a lot of time and attention to detail.  The help of a good fiancé visa lawyer can help you navigate this process. To set up a consultation send us a message or call us at 971-264-1255.